Friday, January 24, 2014
What are YOU breathing?
Indoor air quality is a hot topic these days whether it’s discussing musty old basements or dusty vents, but the thing you should really be concerned about breathing in is carbon monoxide. Not only does this gas make you sick, it is also potentially deadly. The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are so similar to so many other illnesses that doctors have difficulty diagnosing it. Many people simply feel they are coming down with the flu when all the while their own home is poisoning them. Feeling concerned yet? Well, the good news is there are things you can do to protect yourself and your loved ones. It is imperative to have your home’s heating system serviced every year by a professional technician and ensure that it is properly vented. It is also a good idea to install carbon monoxide detectors throughout your home for added protection.