Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Carbon Monoxide

Did you know about 50,000 people per year go to the hospital due to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning? You don’t want to be part of that group! You might be wondering, what is carbon monoxide? Carbon monoxide is an “odorless, colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death” (cdc.gov). It’s typically found in combustion fumes that are produced in trucks, car gasoline engines, gas ranges, burning wood, stoves, lanterns, burning charcoal and heating systems. If this gas builds up in enclosed spaces, both animals and people can become poisoned from breathing it.

Below are the symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning: 

1. Headache
2. Weakness
3. Nausea
4. Dizziness
5. Vomiting
6. Chest pain
7. Confusion

The most important thing is your safety! Make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors and that they are in proper working order! If they aren’t working, you won’t know if you have a problem. Concerned? Our well-trained technicians know how to test and where to look for possible leaks and faulty equipment that can contaminate your home and family with this deadly poisonous gas. Questions? Call Blackies today at Danville: (217) 442-1440 or Champaign: (217) 328-3858.

Resource: http://www.cdc.gov/co/faqs.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment